Looking for an aromatherapy massage in the Solihull and Birmingham area? If so, Galini Therapies has you covered. Continue reading for more information or alternatively you can email [email protected] or call 07957 881 437 to claim a free consultation.
What Is Aromatherapy?
Aromatherapy is a complimentary therapy in the form of a massage which uses essential oils (essences of aromatic plants) and promotes physical, mental and psychological well-being.
The Benefits Of Aromatherapy
There are a range of benefits to aromatherapy. These include:
- Eases pain.
- Improves sleep quality.
- Reduces stress and anxiety.
- Soothes sore joints.
- Treats headaches and migraines.
- Fights bacteria and boosts immunity.
- Improve digestion.
Essential Oils & Their Uses
The use of essential oils dates back to the period of 3000-2500 BC. The Egyptians were some of the first to use aromatic extracts for culinary uses, beauty, spiritual and physical well-being.
It is also believed essential oils were being used in India and China around the same time. The use of the oils used by such cultures has enhanced valuable characteristics in the aromatherapy world.
The most commonly known essential oils or essences are extracted from a wide range of plants. They are very concentrated and must be used with care and blended with a carrier oil prior to use on the skin.
When in their natural state, as opposed to being partially reconstituted synthetic, these oils have been found to have their own therapeutic quality.
Each individual essential oil has its own specific healing properties and unique fragrance. Below we’ll look at some of the most common oils I use along with their benefits.
- Description: One of the most popular essential oils used widely as an all round oil to help with many ailments and conditions. It has an instantly recognisable aroma.
- Helps With: eczema, tension headaches or migraines, relaxation, active mind, insomnia, mood swings, stimulation of the immunity system, panic attacks and many more other ailments/conditions.
- Description: A very sweet and distinctive exotic aroma.
- Helps With: anger, detachment, improve self confidence and self esteem, sensitiveness, irritability, panic attacks and shyness. It is also know to have aphrodisiac qualities.
- Description: Is becoming one the fast favourite modern oils. It has a fresh woody aroma with spicy notes, with a distinctive bright yellowish orange colour.
- Used As: antibacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, improving respiratory system and mood lifting qualities.
- Description: One of the most useful oils.
- Helps With: eczema, sensitive and inflamed skin, swollen joints, overactive mind, worry, digestive health, PMS symptoms, boosting skin health, insomnia, anxiety and depression and arthritic pain.
Are There Any Side Effects To Essential Oils?
When used correctly, essential oils have very few side effects. However, it is always recommend to check for any contraindications prior to use or to seek advice from a qualified aromatherapist.
- 30 Minutes (Neck, Back & Shoulders) = £25
- 60 Minutes (Full Body) = £40
- 75 Minutes (Full Body & Mini Holistic Facial) = £55
What Can I Expect From My Appointment?
An initial face-to-face (or phone) consultation will be carried out in order to determine suitability of the treatment by completing a medical history form and to also check if any contra-indications are present. We can also discuss a treatment plan that can help maintain long term well-being. Following the consultation, the treatment will then be carried out on a day convenient to you.